Details of Internship:
High-end fashion jewelry designer Alexis Bittar (www.alexisbittar.com) seeks detail-oriented, highly-motivated, EXTREMELY organized Public Relations Intern who can begin as early as July 28th,2008 through September 2008 with the possibility of staying on for longer—(applicants who are looking for a fall semester internship & can work through Dec./Jan. 2008 or longer are preferred!. Candidates must be able to commit to at least 4 days a week (5 days a week is preferred) from the hours of 10am-6pm Monday-Friday. We offer college credit or enrolled to those who require it. Candidate will report directly to company’s Public Relations Director, and will become an active member of the company’s PR Department, learning all of the ins-and-outs of the fashion industry! The PR intern hired will help to secure top editorial press coverage for Alexis Bittar~ working with celebrity fans like Cameron Diaz, Alicia Keys and Madonna, and with the industry’s most influential fashion stylists & editors from premier publications such as Vogue, W, Harper’s Bazaar, Italian Vogue, and i-D (to name a few).
This opportunity will provide extensive hands-on experience with fashion & costume jewelry, therefore candidate must be extremely organized while paying close attention to detail. Candidate must have a strong-eye, a genuine love for high-fashion and a strong interest in the field of fashion public relations. Candidate must act as self-starter with a willingness to take on responsibility in a fast-paced, team environment. Computer skills a must! Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel and Adobe Photoshop is required.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
· Scanning & formatting press clippings in Adobe Photoshop.
· Daily phone and email communication with editors and stylists to keeping track of our jewelry samples and request overdue returns.
· Preparing samples for send-outs/ Checking-in returned samples.
· Organizing pick-ups & drop-offs, handling all messenger services, keep detailed log of all product samples that go out and come back in on a daily basis.
· Daily upkeep of our fashion closet/ PR Showroom, making sure all jewelry samples are organized, clean and un-damaged, and prepare showroom for weekly appointments with top stylists & editors.
· Updating our press contact lists in Microsoft Excel to keep it up to date on a consistent basis
· Running errands for PR Department on occasion
· Going through magazines on a monthly basis to locate our press credits
· Will assist & report directly to company’s PR Director and PR Coordinator with daily projects as they arise.
· Excellent communication skills: oral, writing, & follow-up skills a must!
· Must have excellent computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Adobe Photoshop etc.
· Have an up-beat personality & high-energy level within a fast paced environment!
· Be self-motivated with a take charge attitude & the ability to work independently as well as with a team
· Must be able to multi-task, and wear many different hats. In the fashion world, each day brings new surprises and challenges! Candidate must be more than willing to step up to the plate and help out with any task at hand that may arise.
· *Preference will be given to candidates with fashion, jewelry experience, or Public Relations industry experience.
· Must be available to work FULL TIME (4-5 days a week on weekdays from 10am-6pm) from the end of July-September (at the minimum). We would ideally love to hire someone who is interested in staying with us long term. The possibilities for growth potential are limitless!
· Interest in fashion & jewelry a must! Current knowledge of top fashion magazines and trends preferred.
Internship is un-paid, however ALL transportation and lunch expenses will be covered! Plus, your hard work will indeed be greatly rewarded with occasional couture jewelry pieces from Alexis Bittar. This position will offer an in valuable fashion, jewelry, styling, and public relations experience that can potentially provide candidate with an exceptional reference for future endeavors. Amazing fashion perks a plus!
If interested & meet the requirements listed above, please send your resume along with brief description about yourself to: email@example.com
Company: Alexis Bittar
Internship Location: (DUMBO), Brooklyn New York