How to run a succssful fashion PR event with Tony&Guy (via MarketR)
- To fit the theme of the show all media and press packs were hand delivered in document envelopes marked "Top Secret." Envelopes were personally addressed and labeled with a return address and a Toni&Guy stamp. Inside the envelopes was a press-release, a personal letter inviting them to the show + a guest, a letter indicating that a donation in their name had been made to Beauty Night for the enclosed tickets and a mini poster to put up in his/her office.
The success of Clippykit (via Telegraph)
- Working from her London home, with the help of her mother Clare, she kept her overheads to a minimum and ploughed all her profits back into the company. "That £2,000 enabled me to build a turnover of £180,000 in my first year."
Is Twitter impacting the fashion trend cycle? (via ConsumingPR)
- As fashionistas exchange trends on twitter, consumers will be overloaded with trends and fashion news. Don’t get me wrong, I’m happy that there is an overload of fashion news accessible at my fingertips, but this might mean that trends will have shorter life spans.
Sony partners with fashion designers and takes over Manhatten (via TechStarlet)
- Sony really pulled out all the stops with the "Mannequins take to the street" campaign. The company partnered with six different fashion designers that outfitted mannequins what will be up for view in various parts of Manhattan.
- Valentine's Day is another one of these simple traditions that has become a big commercial event. People have sent messages to each other on that day for hundreds of years. But now we're being pressured to buy our loved ones everything from teddy bears to diamonds or take them on expensive vacations. That's especially true this year, with Valentine's Day falling on what is a three-day weekend for many people.