little-birdy

Little Birdie: HARO for Fashion PR & Fashion Bloggers

Little Birdy

In the style of Peter Shankman's Prof-Net obliterating "Help a Reporter Out" (HARO), Independent Fashion Bloggers, founded by Jennine Tamm (of fashion blog The Coveted) has announced a weekly email newsletter to sync Fashion PR agencies, designers and freelancers with fashion bloggers for potential media coverage.

Little Birdie is a free press access tool that connects PR and fashion companies to IFB members by providing queries from fashion bloggers based on stories they are looking to cover. Fashion PR's can then contact the bloggers directly.

With so many fashion PR agencies looking to fashion bloggers for coverage, and many not knowing where to begin or who to pitch, Little Birdie offers a groundbreaking opportunity to build long-term relationships with fashion bloggers.

Potential opportuntities include:

• Seasonal gift guides
  • Specific topics (e.g. shopping on a budget, dressing for a summer wedding, etc)
  • Product reviews
  • 1:1 interviews

The goal of Little Birdie is to help PR access fashion bloggers for coverage based on demand and need, and like HARO, anyone caught pitching off topic will be immediately banned.

Although the tool is primarily for bloggers, Jennine is also open to direct inquiries from fashion PR companies for special opportunities.

While the first emails won't launch until April, sign up early to be among the first to benefit from this unique approach to better blogger relations.

Independent Fashion Bloggers provides forums, a weekly link carousel and other forms of support for bloggers looking to develop connections with other bloggers, benefit from education and shared learnings via the IFB blog and increase awareness about fashion blogging in general. The organization has over 2,000 members from several countries including top fashion blogs like Style Bubble, Mademoiselle Robot, Wendy Brandes Jewelry, Dramatis Personae, Fasshonaburu and Clutch-22.

About the author: prcouture

• Posted March 11, 2009 at 8:33 am | Permalink

thank you so much for posting this… i’m really looking forward to seeing how blogger/pr relations evolve.
    xx

• Posted March 11, 2009 at 9:49 am | Permalink

Thanks so much for your help in getting the word out Crosby! Jennine has already done so many wonderful things for indie fashion bloggers through IFB and now she’s found a way to help fashion PR efforts! Love it!

I’m so excited for this to roll out and will definitely be using it to connect with more Fashion PR pros.

Also, thanks for the shout-out among so many of my fav. bloggers! :)

• Posted March 14, 2009 at 11:34 am | Permalink

You girls rock! Thanks so much for all your hard work and support in helping indie designers. It’s nice to know that someone has our backs :)

• Posted March 16, 2009 at 2:14 pm | Permalink

This is a great idea.

• Posted March 16, 2009 at 2:24 pm | Permalink

What a great idea! I hope to participate in my blog! <3 the IFB!

• Posted March 23, 2009 at 10:30 pm | Permalink

I am very excited to see this new venture roll out. Jennine is a mastermind when it comes to blogging and creating community. I hope there is room for vintage bloggers in the mix!

One Trackback