Sponsor an upcoming Fashion PR Fridays post. Previous sponsors have seen 40% increase in traffic. Contact info[at]prcouture.com for more information or to sign up.
Interview with Crosby/PR Couture on Final Fashion (via Final Fashion)
- PR Couture is the only website of its kind that I know of. Crosby Noricks, a publicist and educator, has managed to bridge the gap between fashion blogging and fashion PR. The site is a bit like a trade magazine - informative and entertaining.
One man's work to change our definition of beauty (via Boston.com)
- Barry's conducting research at Harvard he thinks could reshape the modeling industry and the way that companies market products to female consumers around the world.
Meanwhile, confusing mixed messages at Miss California persist (via FoxNews)
- Shanna Moakler, the co-executive director of the Miss California Organization says her group paid for Miss California Carrie Prejean’s breast implants before the Miss USA pageant earlier this month.
LA Fashion Week sets a date for Spring 2010 shows (via The Daily Style Scout)
- The Spring 2010 run of Los Angeles Fashion Week is scheduled to take place Oct. 9–20, as decided in a meeting with the mayor’s fashion-coordinating council, including several fashion-event producers, designers, wholesale-showroom representatives and other members of the industry
Making news (out of nothing at all) (via The Bad Pitch Blog)
- Today's drama is news-like. Today's news is pure drama. Not only is nothing out of bounds now, what could be beyond the scope of news after the feeding frenzy that has resulted from Michelle Obama being an attractive woman with toned arms?
- In an April article in The Chronicle of Higher Education, Rachel Toor, assistant professor of creative writing at Eastern Washington University, found that most academics appear uninterested in fashion and trends. They feel that to be taken seriously, they must dress formally.