This Top Fashion PR Links post is sponsored by Magnolia PR, a boutique firm based in Los Angeles focused on fashion accessories, baby and lifestyle brands. Giving individual attention to clients and connecting fledgling and established brands to their desired media, Magnolia PR provides optimal exposure and results.
Chicago Tribune takes a look at Fashion PR on Bravo (via Chicago Tribune)
- The strangest changes to the “Runway” formula, however, involve the judging of the final challenge. On this show, there’s an audience for the closing runway shows, which adds some energy to the proceedings. But audience members are allowed to comment and vote on the designs, and their feedback influences the weekly ejection of contestants.
Luxury as an Investment? (Reuters)
- The international economy’s implosion has blindsided the luxury-goods industry, and in the current vacuum of across-the-board spending, luxury companies and retailers have been scrambling to find ways to remain relevant in today’s flat-lining marketplace.
Harvey Nichols to target young fashion market (via The Retail Bulletin)
- The third key focus for surviving the downturn, according to Simonin, has involved adapting the group’s communications with consumers. It has been changed to “create more desire, re-inforce the proposition and to build the brand for the future”.
Fashion Internships After Lauren Conrad (via 39th and Broadway)
- Thanks to MTV a whole generation of young people see a fashion internship as a fun, empty headed, way to spend a summer and the reputation of fashion as a fluff job continues. Thanks LC!
Barnett Ellman Launches Fashion Blog (via Business Wire)
- Written by the expert fashion team at Barnett Ellman, comprised of young, fashion-forward trend setters, B|E Scene is geared towards fashion fanatics everywhere…