People's Revolution to promote London Fashion Week in US (via Fibre2Fashion)
- "The appointment of People's Revolution aims to increase awareness and exposure of British designers amongst US media and buyers with the goal of supporting the growth of designer businesses and increasing the attendance of these audiences at London Fashion Week.”
D&G PR Director arrested for hacking (via NY Post)
- DOLCE & Gabbana public relations director Ali Wise is in hot water. The blonde-about-town spent Monday night in jail after being arrested on felony computer-hacking charges.
Interview with jewelry designer Wendy Culpepper (via Style Hop)
- I spend a great deal of time working on website updates, limited edition pieces, and new projects. I’m currently working on a new line, and many of my evenings are spent meeting with others in the fashion industry as well as the tech industry. The two are colliding at record speeds right now…
Social media damage control (via Mashable)
- No matter how proactive you are, customers will start to question your organization when they see problems. And, whenever there is an information void, those customers will tend to fill in the gaps with their own thoughts on what the cause may be. That’s why it is important to respond to issues quickly, even if the message is just, “we’re looking into it.”
How to be a Fashion Stylist (via An Australian Wintour)
- Runway stylists focus lies in how the garments sit on the model while she is walking down the runway. Editorial styling, the model is captured in a frame where I can work with the garments and position them and her/his body to enhance the outfit – more than you can do on a runway.
On Free content (via Fierce Content Management)
- Free content can be an engine that drives traffic and interest in your site, raises your search engine ranking and helps customers find you, so why all the fuss?