TheLookbook, a searchable database for brands, public relations firms, stylists and celebrities, will be launching a Beauty and Makeup Artist division in the Fall of 2009. In preparation, founders Kristin Calavas and Rhonda Richford have hired Shannon Levy, former Managing Editor of Makeup Artist magazine, as Beauty Director. Levy is also a Contributing Editor for On Makeup magazine and will continue in this capacity while working as Beauty Director for TheLookbook. Prior to her tenure at Makeup Artist, she was a beauty reporter and contributor at InStyle magazine.
For more information about The Lookbook, check out this PR Couture post and podcast with co-founder Kristin Calavas and skim the following below:
Information available through TheLookbook includes:
- Current information for public relations and sample requests contacts at major fashion houses, including email addresses.
- Comprehensive listings of fashion public relations firms and their current clients.
- Up-to-date stylist information including agency information and a list of celebrity clients.
- Celebrities’ stylist information and notes on fashion or beauty endorsement contracts.
- A fashion Keyword search to enable professionals to call in items for shoots using common terms such as “jeans,” “bikinis,” or “menswear.”
- A Stylist Keyword search to enable users to find celebrity endorsements or contracts using brands such as “L’Oreal” or “Neutrogena.”
- TheLookbook’s red carpet credits blog that list comprehensive outfit red carpet credits for celebrities, with a search function to review a celebrity’s history.