- Los Angeles may be better known for wearing fashion than selling it, but the problem goes beyond L.A. There is a growing sense among designers and producers of fashion events that the time-honored system of selling fashion from runways is losing ground.
Inspired by the recent PR Couture post on fashion blogger samples, IFB enlists fashion marketing maven Macala Wright on how Fashion Brands and Bloggers can and should work together (via IFB)
- So how does a blogger, who never in his or her wildest dreams thought their blog would be so sought after, work with fashion brands?
- How does a fashion blogger, who’s committed to building his or her own brand, build their awareness through these retail partnerships?
- Moreover, how do they monetize it (yes, I said monetize – meaning MONEY) in ethical ways?
Coach has teamed up with Brickfish for the second time; to celebrate the launch of its new handbag and Apparel line, Poppy. (via Brickfish)
DKNY launches Facebook Fan Page, Twitter account (via FabSugar)
- “After seeing the many Donna Karan and DKNY fan sites that were being created by anonymous people and joined by thousands, we have decided that the interest and enthusiasm for our brands deserves attention beyond what our Web sites provide,” said Patti Cohen, executive vice president of global marketing and communications.
Florida high school to provide Fashion Marketing classes (via Tampa Bay Online)
- The school will offer several specialty programs, such as veterinary assisting, culinary, fashion marketing and – appropriately for its Yankee owner namesake – a sports, recreation and entertainment marketing academy.
Press registration now open for London Fashion Week (via London Fashion Week)