Lady GaGa's Bad Romance video is rife with product placement (via UTalkMarketing)
- Watch Lady Gaga’s promo for the new single ‘Bad Romance’ and you could be mistaken that you’re watching an advert for tech, FMCG and fashion brands.
DIY guide to launching your own clothing label (via Bust Magazine)
- Without exposure, your collection will fizzle without ever seeing the inside of a fashionista’s closet. Marketing and branding your business is as important as the design of your clothes, so you’ll need a logo, business cards, and hang tags (featuring your label’s name and secured by safety pin to each item of clothing) that are as cute as your collection.
On Harem Pants (via WSJ)
- His publicist said [MC Hammer is] trying to redefine himself as a social-media expert, and, as such, is distancing himself from the pants.
Overcoming the obstacles to social business (via Harvard Business Review)
- While social media often commands favorable media attention, the less often told story is that successful initiatives are rare to come by and that there are still a number of organizational roadblocks that managers need to overcome in order to make progress.
ModCloth goes mobile - (via ModCloth)
- When you sign up for ModMobile, you'll get exclusive ModCloth news and info, the opportunity to participate in mobile-only contests, and more.
Harsh realities of social media marketing (via CopyBlogger)
- The answer to the question in Harsh Reality #1, “why should anyone read your blog?” is that you’re going to give away some of your best, most valuable, most life-improving material away for free, within a well-defined content marketing plan.
Vending machines in Miami (via Fashionista)
- Inside you’ll find this Pringle of Scotland t-shirt (pictured) designed by artist David Shrigley, hand-drawn Vena Cava shoes, art from the Gossip Girl set, old archival issues of Interview, and even an out-of-print copy of the Fabien Baron art directed Madonna Sex book.
Libby Haan launches new PR firm (via FWD)
- Haan's inaugural client is Australian brand Willow, which is designed by Kit Willow Michelmore and has shown in New York during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week for the last several seasons.