Threading the Needle: the What, How and Who of Your Fashion Career, is the first virtual world-based fashion design conference in history. The December 3rd conference includes eight fashion industry thought leaders who each present their views on a range of topics designed to help a global audience of new designers and fashion designers 'thread their needle' and launch their careers.
PR Couture founder and editor Crosby Noricks will discuss fashion PR and the impact of social media and digital marketing with Harper Beresford, a well known fashion player in Second Life. Additional conference speakers includ:
- Lynn Furge (Creative Director, Nolcha)
- Fiona Jenvey (CEO, Mudpie)
- Beth Harris (Director of Digital Learning, MOMA-NYC)
- Suzie Norris (Professor, Southampton Solent University)
- Elaine Polvinen (Professor, Buffalo State University)
- Michiel Thissen (Mythos Consultancy)
- Shenlei Winkler (CEO, Fashion Research Institute)
In addition to the presentation track, students can review a 3-D trend report, with trend data by Mudpie, a virtual fashion installation with fashions created by the Fashion Research Institute's student interns, booths and displays about programs from other fashion industry organizations; exhibits about fashion history, and a game developed just for fashion designers.
Attendance is free. All you need is a computer powerful enough to run the software (see technical requirements), Internet access, and two accounts, one on ScienceSim.com and a Skype account. Register here.
Crosby will be speaking from 2:00 - 2:45 pm EST.