...The from my amazing hotel bed with 8,000 pillows in Austin (please just one more day to shop!) edition...
21 Mistakes Fashion Designers Can Make (via Fashion Incubator)
- 7. Not learning about marketing your product. Find a good marketer or sales rep and explain your product and sales vision then listen and decide. Diane Von Furstenberg represented her line successfully in the beginning. Anna Sui did very well for years with a sales rep until she went out on her own. Know your marketing capabilities or find an expert.
Is Fashion Week Worth the Bother? (via The Cut)
- Do fashion shows still matter? And are these clothes worth the nine-hour flights? Everyone can view the collections online, and more houses each season are live-streaming shows online.
Fashion's Strong Electronic Push (via JC Report)
- Efforts from brands and retailers continue to be focused on new and interesting ways to engage users. It is now beyond offering editorial commentary or special features that integrate customers into the curatorial experience.
How to Write for Search Engines Without Knowing SEO (via Social Media Explorer)
- Here’s a quick way to get started with smart SEO copywriting without having to know a lot about search engine optimization. Let’s start simple. Drop your website’s URL into the free Google Adwords Keyword Tool to see a list of what Google thinks your website is about. (Don’t worry with what this tool is supposed to be used for.
Fern Mallis: Bloggers Need to Unionize (via IFB)
- Granted these days, bloggers can get into the tents quite easily, the accreditation process is rather hit or miss, established bloggers have a hard time getting into shows, while brand new bloggers get in with no problem. There is a disconnect as fashion houses, PR agencies and organizations like IMG act as gate keepers, but still don’t know how to handle the change in fashion media.