Fern Mallis leaves IMG to consult, first client is IMG (via CA Apparel News)
- The senior vice president of IMG Fashion is leaving the company to form her own international consulting business, called Fern Mallis LLC. She will continue to consult with IMG Fashion on fashion events and other projects.
Curious about what it's really like to be on a fashion reality show? Former participants weight in. (via Smashing Darling)
- Will an experience like this push you to the next level and help you get more sales? What are you expecting from the experience? If the answer to the last question is exposure, is it the right kind of exposure to help your company and label grow?
- As a fashion blogger you want to grow your blog and you don’t want to turn away opportunities, but should companies be able to profit so blatantly at your expense? Without your active consent? In an environment where bloggers struggle to get $25 a month for a banner ad, perhaps it is time for change. It doesn’t start with keeping quiet.
Watch video coverage of the La Jolla Fashion Film Festival (via My Fashion Plate)
Another day, another online sample sale site. Which one's are most active in social media (via Fashionably Marketing)
- Though they’ve been around a while, online designer sample sales continue to dominate as a hot trend with consumers. Online Sample Sales have expanded into men’s wear, travel and home decor. It leaves a fashion marketer to wonder just who has the most clout among online consumers.
Is an internship with Anna Wintour worth $42k? (via Refinery29)
- All charity proceeds benefit the Robert F. Kennedy Center for Justice and Human Rights.