How to work with Celebrity Stylists for Product Placement

About the author: Crosby

Known as the "fashion publicist's most powerful accessory," (SD-UT) and the "West Coast 'It' girl of fashion PR," (YFS Magazine) Crosby Noricks is a brand strategist, author and founder of PR Couture. Crosby was included in the iMedia 25 Class of 2012 Internet Marketing Leaders and Innovators, and enjoys helping fashion and lifestyle brands connect with their audiences in meaningful and creative ways.

• Posted August 27, 2010 at 5:37 am | Permalink

Great article – provides realistic insight for those of us just beginning to research the PR side.
    xoxo – Kat.

• Posted November 6, 2010 at 11:17 am | Permalink

This was an insightful article thank you so much for sharing. Celebs are a lot fo fun to work with but also can be a headache at times. It’s definitely great for brands to have some sort of celeb endorsement. I think with celebs, once you’re in, you’re in.

• Posted December 7, 2010 at 10:47 pm | Permalink

Love the advice you give about forming and keeping relationships with celebrities and their stylists. Best part of that advice is “delivering what they need, when they want it.” I also like how you gave us an insight as to how you get celebrities to wear your product. You hear about the term “gatekeepers” all of the time, but you don’t always realize how real they actually are until you give an example like above. Keeping steady, good relationships with those gatekeepers will definitely help boost the chance of getting your product worn or used. Thanks for this glimpse into your world.

• Posted May 7, 2012 at 4:09 pm | Permalink

This was an incredibly helpful article, thank you!

• Posted August 29, 2012 at 8:19 am | Permalink

This was a very good article, thank you, especially the part about how to ensure the products being loaned out are kept safe/returned… It seems similar to the gifting/loaning of products to magazine editors in the hope of editorial placement…Or the loaning of products for a photoshoot – we’ve declined the latter twice due to the risk of damage to the requested piece etc. I would also add that brands should be careful when contacted by stylists/magazines/photographers etc… We’ve certainly had some suspect requests!

• Posted December 13, 2012 at 11:16 pm | Permalink

Well done article. Informative and insightful.
    xx

• Posted January 31, 2013 at 10:14 pm | Permalink

Great article – I am just new so it proves to provides realistic insight for those of us just beginning to research the PR side..

One Trackback