Desperately Seeking….Digital Maven
Gain experience, grow your network and build a portfolio of articles about fashion PR, marketing and social media! PR Couture seeks a spectacular fall intern to help us manage weekly tasks! Estimated time is about 10 hours a week. College student is ok, though you will have ideally completed 1-2 fashion PR internships. Also a fit for entry-level fashion PR’s looking to gain additional experience outside of work. The position is unpaid but you will receive a 10% commission on any new advertising you secure (that said, this isn’t an advertising internship, persay) and a winning recommendation once you blow my mind toward whatever future employment you seek.
Please note: this is a virtual internship and PR Couture is NOT a PR Agency. Read the FAQ before you go any further.
- Sourcing and publishing weekly a round up of related news every Friday
- Posting agency news stories, new client announcements and other related bits
- Article research
- Sourcing and following up with potential advertisers including
- Sending out media kit
- Preparing ad invoices
- Tracking and following up
- Making updates to the site (training will be provided)
- Posting new blog posts to Facebook, managing Fan Page
- Occasional event attendance (yes, with Gift Bags!)
- Weekly touch base via Skype
- Comfortable with WordPress, Google Docs and image editing
- Organized, can work independently, meets ALL deadlines
- Familiar with Facebook Pages, basic HTML, Twitter etc
- Excellent writer who wouldn’t be caught using “passion for fashion” or “chic” in forthcoming communication!
- Ability to respond to emails within 4-6 hours
- 1-2 years experience min. in related communications field (fashion PR preferred)
- Passion and demonstrated skill with digital communication & technology
- NY-based (preferred)
- Must be able to commit to 10 hours a week for the next 3-4 months
If this sounds like you, please put PR Couture: Internship the title of your email and send over a cover letter, resume, links to writing samples and 2-3 ways you think PR Couture could be better.
Let’s make some magic! Send that sparkle to crosby[at]prcouture.com