Despite my ardent desire to play it cool, as in, who even cares about the ball drop, take stock drama drill that seems to take over the collective, I have fallen in with the masses and am feeling the twinkly tingle, the inescapable thrill of a brand new year. If you're into goal-setting, super planning and 2013 is going to be MY YEAR-ing, a few of my favorite finds of late include "Five Things You Can Do Instead of New Year’s Resolutions," and Lisa Claudia Briggs recommendation to "think about adding versus taking away." On that note, I signed up for so many email newsletters this weekend, my inbox is an inspiration explosion and mailchimp is my ....ok we'll go with BFF.
- I really like how these interviews with YSF Magazine, InsideFMM and Apparel Insiders charted the growth of PR Couture.
- Liz Anthony's post on making the most of Red Carpet Season from a PR perspective is worth revisiting as the advice is still super relevant, and it's about that time again!
- Dara's February #IFBcon recap was just a warm up. In September she attended the biannual conference for the second time and provided a detailed list of how brands were set up to mingle with fashion bloggers. Independent Fashion Bloggers called it their favorite recap! We can't wait to see what is in store for February's event, because we will definitely be there.
- A Powerful Mother's Day Pitch Tip was a rather personal post, and completely unplanned. I appreciate how much it resonated with so many of you!
- Publicists are often natural storytellers. I'm proud of the pieces on branded content that I wrote for Fast Company, particularly this one, because I was able to talk about several brands that inspire me.
- Raman Kia's presentation at the Innovation Summit was the most useful thing I encountered all year.
- Yuli's expert guidance on the different ways brands can work with bloggers, paid and unpaid, is worth a re-read, especially if blogger partnerships are on the agenda for 2013.
- Amanda Goodhue's post on two social media small business case studies for fashion brands was picked up by the New York Times. Not too shabby!
- 5 Pinterest Tools for the fashion publicist is still a handy guide, and probably deserving of a follow up piece!
- Danika's first post for PR Couture was a great go-to for PR students, and was quickly picked up by PR Daily. Go D!
- Sometimes you want to land a fabulous story with a business publication. Thanks to the always-brilliant Danielle Gano, we know how to do it.
- Need a sample pitch to contact a fashion blogger? Sarah Pollack-Boyd put one together just for you.
- The piece (get it!) I did on the #MKTimeless promotion received enough social actions to put me in second place (and Jordana and me twinsies for some mega bling).
- This brand and blogger Q&A with Canvas Lands End is great for figuring out what makes bloggers want to align with certain brands. Do you agree with Canvas' 2013 marketing prediction?
- And of course, that doesn't even cover the launch of Ready to Launch or Pitch Perfect. Phew!
It takes a village of fierce fashion publicists to publish more than 225 posts (or an average of 4.5 posts a week). Thank you to my guest writers, my writer writers (Danika, Dara, Nancy, Anaisabel) my two interns Kalinda and Martha, and to all the publicists who helped coordinate the stories behind the scenes. Thank You!