Sound like anyone you know?
- I can see that people are coming to my website, but no one is you know, buying anything...
- I've sent out some emails but no one seems to want to cover my line...
- So I've got this collection, but I have no idea how to get buyers to actually place an order...
- Bloggers keep asking me to send them free samples, I don't know what to do!
- I've heard I need a newsletter, but how do I get people to sign up? And what should I say?
- A buyer expressed interest but then, nothing. Should I follow up again? What should I say?
When Nicole Giordano and I sat down for lunch on a freezing New York City afternoon back in early March, we realized that we receive a lot of similar emails from new designers looking for advice. As the founder of StartUp Fashion, Nicole works with emerging designers all the time. She recently launched a private community for independent designers that includes a boutique database, forum and exclusive discount. I'm a firm believer in the power of a well-crafted online brand experience and story to build interest, awareness and sales.
We both love to help creative designers with the more business-y, marketing-y side of fashion, and thought it might be fun to combine Nicole's experience in apparel sourcing, marketing and PR with mine in brand identity, storytelling, e-commerce and yes, marketing and PR, to help a few talented designers get on the fast-track to success. There is so much knowledge and experience between the two-of us, and we are just bursting to help designers stop making the same newbie mistakes we see over and over again in the independent fashion space.
Build Your Brand Starts June 26, 2013
We talked about the most common questions we get from new designers and the missteps they often make (the ones that make us want to rip our hair out and bang our heads against the desk), and came up with three main areas where we felt we could do the most good. The truth is that you can have the most lovely, well-constructed, on-trend gown on the planet, but if no one knows how awesome it is, no one is going to buy it.
Three 60 minute live video Spreecasts will tackle:
- How to Turn Website Lurkers into Loyal Paying Customers
- How to be a Fashion Editor’s Best Friend
- How to impress the heck out of buyers
During each session we will:
- Lay out best practices, must-dos and inside scoop
- Provide tips and tools to make it easy to execute
- Provide a live, lovingly-delivered critique for one lucky participant
- Wrap up with a Q&A period to make sure you get your questions answered.
We're here to help you do the work. All you have to do is show up!
Questions? We're really looking forward to getting down to business! If you have any questions about the program or want to see if it's the right fit for you, shoot me a note at crosby[at]prcouture.com with BYB in the subject.
Looking forward to it!