8 Digital Fashion Magazines

8 Digital Fashion Magazines You Should Know

I've been traveling lately and I look forward to settling in on a plane/train, even the occasional light-rail or bus, for a much-deserved fashion mag fix. Loading up my iPad with digital fashion magazines is a great way to get that glossy-mag fix, without weighing down my carry-on. While I do enjoy perusing the digital mags of my favorite print pubs, I find myself equally sated by checking in with my favorite digital fashion mags.

Industry-wise, digital fashion magazines offer us new places to pitch and are a valuable part of any media outreach strategy. Plus, with a digital publication, the path from coverage to purchase is that much shorter, as many mags include live linking out to product pages. This idea was echoed by Melissa Davis, Founder of Ruby Press, who told me:

Online magazines are just as important to us and our clients as print publications-and sometimes more!  One nice benefit to a placement in an online mag is that they typically link directly to ‘where to buy’, which makes it much easier for the reader to purchase and consequently drives sales.

Fashion Media Contact Lists on PR Couture

This month, we'll be chatting with a few of the editors of the mags listed below to find out more about each publication and how each editor likes to be pitched. Enjoy and please pin the image above to spread the digital love!

Pony Anarchy, based in Melbourne. Founded by Kristie Webster, @ponyanarchy

Matchbook, based in NYC. Founded by Katie Armour & Jane Lilly, @matchbookmag

Rue, based in San Francisco. Founded by Crystal Palecek, @ruemagazine

ShowPony, based in Los Angeles. Founded by Becky Hill, @showponymag

Magpie Darling, based in London. Founded by Amanda Greenwood, @magpiedarling

Ellements, based in NYC. Founded by Kaneo Biggs, @ellementsmag

Linger, based in Boston. Founded by Tiffany Tate, @lingermag

Mini Magazine, based in Chicago. Founded by Kaitlyn Kirby, @theminimagazine

For more great print and digital media contacts, check out the PR Couture Fashion Media List Bundle

Photo Credit: André-Batista

About the author: Crosby

Known as the "fashion publicist's most powerful accessory," (SD-UT) and the "West Coast 'It' girl of fashion PR," (YFS Magazine) Crosby Noricks is a brand strategist, author and founder of PR Couture. Crosby was included in the iMedia 25 Class of 2012 Internet Marketing Leaders and Innovators, and enjoys helping fashion and lifestyle brands connect with their audiences in meaningful and creative ways.

• Posted August 8, 2013 at 10:12 am | Permalink

There’s nothing like thumbing through a good fashion magazine and tearing out your favorite pages, but digital magazines are so convenient! Will definitely be adding these to my list.

• Posted August 8, 2013 at 1:02 pm | Permalink

I’d like to add http://www.ShoppingJunkie.com to your list :-) Launched in June 2013 and open to brand pitches. Thanks!

• Posted August 10, 2013 at 11:22 am | Permalink

Hi – I enjoyed your post. Here is a new fashion/lifestyle magazine your members might be interested in. NICHE magazine – http://nichemagazine.ca

Cheers,
    Steve Drake
    Publisher

• Posted August 10, 2013 at 2:19 pm | Permalink

I’d like to add Elegant magazine to your list as well !!!

• Alex Sanchez
    Posted August 11, 2013 at 4:09 pm | Permalink

I think it’s great that you guys are recognizing these digital fashion mags but why just 8? I myself am a aspiring model and I found Elegant Mag to be an amazing publication that I wish was listed in your “you should definitely know” artical. This publication is not only new but has captured the views of hundreds in just a short period of time from its debut issue, providing people with amazing fashion, photography along with their slogan being their mission is to recognize the overlooked talent lost in today’s heavy name brand world. I think they are also the first to capture real people’s stories and struggles. Their next issue promoted to be released in September is for ovarian cancer awareness where they are donating a portion of each issue sold to a great cause. I haven’t seen this kind of passion and desire to change a persons moral in a long time, let alone the informative articles dealing with real day to day issues affecting our fashion filled lives. If you haven’t heard about or seen Elegant mag, I truly believe they are the next up and coming publication that could very well challenge many well known publications out there!

• j sinclair
    Posted August 12, 2013 at 3:45 pm | Permalink

I love the new Paris based http://www.parischerie.com. Has lots of up to the minute fashion news from Paris and all things French that relate to fashion, luxury and lifestyle in gorgeous Paris.

• Posted September 23, 2013 at 1:58 am | Permalink

Hi, loved the compilation – would you please consider adding The LA Fashion Magazine (www.thelosangelesfashion.com ) since we have the largest readership on the west coast for a fashion magazine? _ thank you!