While holiday gift guides have wrapped and spring pitches have been sent out to print pubs, there’s no rest when you’re #alwayspitching. Try these idea-starters to get the wheels turning as you turn your sights to February.
1. Galentine’s Day Gift Guides – yes a ton of pubs will be creating the traditional Valentine’s Day Gift Guide, with candles, chocolates and slinky what-nots, February 13 marks that Parks & Recreation gaff turned actual thing – Galentine’s Day – to the forefront. This is a great opp to pitch great gift ideas for Bffs, lady getaways, brunch spots, spa treatments, cheeky slogan tees and all manner of empowered girl boss-style products and services.
2. Heart on your sleeve – February is American Heart Month, which is a great tie-in if you can find an authentic cause message to incorporate into your pitching. Check in with the marketing team and see what kind of promotion could be on the table.
3. White T-Shirt Day is February 11 and a fun social play – invite your team to style a white t-shirt and hold an improptu fashion shoot – have your community vote on “who wore it best.”
4. Romantic-partner owned companies – if you’re clients also happen to be a married, in a relationship, or even partners who once dated, this can be a great entry-point for a behind the scenes feature on how to lucky in love, and business.
5. Non-traditional/anti V-day gifts – not everyone dreams of flowers at her desk. What are some non-traditional, unexpected or trending gifts for modern couples? Or how about a gothy gift guide for those protesting the holiday?! For a social spin, ask employees what they really want for Valentine’s Day in an IG stories. Want a best boss award (and a story to pitch)? BUY THEM THE THING.
6. How to look cute when it’s freezing outside – I hear that in most parts of the world, February is all icicles and puffy coats. Whether you pitch sweaters, scarves, thermal leggings or waterproof booties, or simply pitch client’s as fashion advisors, try this angle for a refreshing take on the Winter Fashion story.
7. Ultra Violet Color Story – sure, February is all about red errything, but what about Pantone’s color of the year? There’s still time to pitch an “Ultra-violet is the new red” color story – whether it’s beauty, fashion or something else entirely. Not everyone has covered full covered this color yet.
8. How to make the most of a short month – With just 28-days, invite your most productive clients to send over their secret productivity hacks
9. Make up your own awards – with award season in full swing (shout out to the PR Couture BCAs), why not create your own mini award program at your agency, or drum up a red carpet inspired award campaign recognizing your favorite influencers? The best way to get into the news is to do something newsworthy, why not share a bit of love and then talk about it?
10. Self Love Showdown – in a month all about love, why not highlight the fact that relationship with self is really what’s most important. Fresh off the focus on resolutions, introduce ways that everyone – partnered or single – can put themselves first this month.
Good luck and happy pitching!
PS: Need help nailing down a pitch? Let us help you whip that pitch into shape!