Interviewing Crosby Noricks of PR Couture is like being able to finally meet a childhood celebrity obsession. Ok – maybe that’s a bit too extreme; but when it comes to the blogging world, Crosby is definitely up there in the who’s who list. – Tony Wang, Post Fashionism
Hi kittens! This is my story. After two years managing the in-house PR and marketing department for an e-commerce jewelry company and fresh out of grad school with a killer Master’s thesis about fashion PR eagerly awaiting a lifetime of dust-on-shelf gathering, I started PR Couture. I was tired of the stereotype that fashion publicists are more concerned with air-kisses than credibility (boo!) and frustrated that a google search on Fashion PR brought back pretty much zilch (this was back in 2006 you see). So I threw together the basics in a weekend, determined to provide a credible, honest, and engaging forum about fashion public relations online. Ta-Da! (Well, that easy with a pinch of hard work, omg this is like a second job, I am doing this why? regressing into watching old Jem and the Holograms cartoons mix o magic).
Unlike the dark personalities reflected from the ‘Kelly Cutrone types’ of the industry, Noricks is funny, positive, down-to-earth, and a real girl’s girl. – Meredith Corning, Examiner.com
Since that adrenaline infused weekend PR Couture has grown, prospered and evolved, taking me along with it for the ride. Most recently I was noted as a “40 Under 40,” in San Diego Metro Magazine, and the book I wrote was profiled in the UT-San Diego. I’ve been in 944 Magazine and invited by WWDMAGIC and TeenVogue to be among the first bloggers invited to report live from the tradeshow. I’ve also been to NYFW to cover the shows for Microsoft, was awarded a shiny black rock with the swanky “Blogger of the Year” title written on it, spoken at WWD Magic, the IFB Conference and LA Retail Camp. I’ve also worked on projects for Cynthia Rowley, CND Shellac, Charlotte Russe, Quiksilver Women Simply put, PR Couture has allowed me to write, educate, meet, greet and nourish my career and relationships coast to coast and beyond.
Crosby Noricks is a PR professional who gets social media and her efforts with PR Couture noticeably help nurture aspiring industry professionals and strengthen the skills of those that are already apart of it. – Nadia Hussain, Polyvore
For five years, I established and then directed the social media department for Red Door Interactive. For the past several years, I have been putting those junior high drama classes to good use, speaking to crowds about fashion PR, marketing and social media at industry and student conferences. One time I did this in a turquoise wig (the color of Twitter’s branding, obvs) and it appears I will never live that down. I have taugt and fashion PR and marketing courses at FIDM and the Art Institute and have a Master’s Degree in Mass Communication and Media Studies from San Diego State University and a B.A. from Pitzer College. The aforementioned master’s thesis, “From Style to Strategy: An Exploratory Investigation of Public Relations Practice in the Fashion Industry” was the first academic study of its kind (I’ve never been one to wait for somebody else to go first). Highlights from this work were presented at the 2009 Popular Culture Association Conference in New Orleans in April, 2009, after which I promptly put on bunny ears and tail for a pub crawl to benefit the SPCA. I really like kittens.
[Crosby] is endearing, witty, insightful and her talk was very motivating. Besides providing insight into the world Fashion PR and the power of blogging, she also shared with us what fashion means to her on an intimate level. She eloquently explained how sharing ones personal and professional experiences [through social media] builds relationships. – Erika Vierkeck, fashion designer
Let’s work together!
Like what you hear? Book a strategy session with me! Want me to talk with you and yours? I love sharing what I know and quelling the fear that seems to occur when things like social media, online PR and influencer relations comes up. I can also dance a jig and make up songs like nobody’s business. Actually, is there any way to make that my business? Ah well, back to you! E-mail me at crosby[at]prcouture.com
Prior Speaking Engagements
- May, 2013 – Two Point Oh Plus USA, The Business of Blogging
- March, 2012 – Style X SXSW Panel, Today’s Fashion Media Business: Same Same, But Different?”
- February, 2012 – San Diego Press Club Panel, Facebook for Journalists
- February, 2012 – Creativity Pays, The Conference Board
- February, 2010 – WWDMAGIC/Teen Vogue Panel
- October, 2010 – Getting Personal: Building Consumer Loyalty in a Crowded Market, SDSU Alumni Panel
- October, 2010 – Social Media, San Diego Direct Marketing Association
- October, 2010 – The Business of Fashion, Pitzer College Alumni Panel, River Club New York
- September, 2010 – LavaCon, “You’re Only as Good as Your Last Tweet,” Closing Keynote
- August, 2010 – WWD Magic Tradeshow, “Digital Fashion Marketing,” Panelist, Las Vegas
- June, 2010 – Fashion Camp LA “Digital Fashion PR Trends,” Los Angeles
- May, 2010 – Fashion Group International, “Social Media Secrets,” Panelist, Los Angeles
- April, 2010 – La Jolla Fashion Film Festival, “Fashion Meets New Media,” Panelist, San Diego
- January, 2010 – Public Relations Student Society of America Conference, “Fashion PR Trends,” San Diego
- October, 2009 – Fashion Industry Development Conference, “Digital Fashion PR,” San Diego
- October, 2009 – Threading the Needle: The Future of Fashion Design, New York
- October, 2009 – 140 Character Conference, “Twitter for Fashion Retail Marketing,” Los Angeles
- September, 2009 – Independent Fashion Blogger’s Evolving Influence Conference, Panelist, NYC
- September, 2009 – Ad Club, “Come Tweet with Me,” San Diego
- February, 2009 – FOCUS Fashion Networking, Featured Speaker, San Diego