Medeiros Fashion PR
Welcome to Medeiros Fashion PR
Medeiros Fashion Public Relations (AKA “Medeiros Fashion PR”) is the FIRST public relations firm in the United States to specialize in the plus size fashion industry. Now that the power of the plus purse is finally being realized, we give plus size designers, models, photographers, etc, the voice that they deserve!
Typical clients include plus size designers, retailers, stylists, and publications that are located in major cities across the world, have been in business for 2- 10 years, and are seeking to increase their media exposure, online presence, and sales. Since Medeiros Fashion PR specializes in the plus size fashion industry, clients can be assured that each and every relationship made will benefit them; no wasted time, money, or effort!
We offer a wide variety of services such as press outreach, fashion event assistance, social media management, partnership development, press release creation, feature article creation, blog page setup and writing, social media linking, directory submissions, and recruiting participants for fashion events. Our services are competitively priced with the industry, ranging from $75 to $10,000, and each client receives a customized package to meet their goals and budget needs.
Public relations is one of the most powerful tools a brand can have, especially thanks to the concept of “3rd party credibility”, the understanding that, since a member of the media is usually not paid to write about or feature a particular client and does regardless, the client must truly have an excellent product or service instead of just having the money for a paid advertisement, whether or not the product is any good at all.
President Emma Medeiros has a degree in Integrated Marketing Communications from Emerson College and has a journalistic background as the blogger of Curves, Cats, and Creams. Combining these with a passion for fashion, Emma launched Medeiros Fashion PR when she discovered that, despite a massive growth in the plus size fashion industry over the last several years, not a single public relations firm in the country was dedicated exclusively to it, which was unacceptable in her eyes.
The plus size fashion industry has grown by leaps and bounds over the past few years and shows absolutely no sign of slowing down. Since this has created more competition for plus professionals, Medeiros Fashion PR only accepts clients who offer something truly unique to the industry, believing wholeheartedly in Coco Chanel’s idea of “in order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different”!
Learn how to make your brand irreplaceable by filling out the form to the right, or email email@example.com to schedule your FREE consultation.
Our current client list includes:
1. Jose Pagan, an award-winning, NYC-based photographer who is bringing his exceptional talent to cities across the country during his 2018 Photo Tour to help aspiring models of all genders and sizes build their portfolio and increase their social media following for literally a fraction of what a normal photo shoot would cost! Interested models can learn more here.
2. Fashion Foragers, a brand new blog created by the dynamic mother/daughter duo, Leslee and Mackenzie Barnes. Both are successful plus size models who are bridging the generation gap by joining their fashion forces to produce both video and written content based on the ever-growing plus size fashion market! Any brands who wish to have their products featured and reviewed by Fashion Foragers should contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Jennifer Lyn Brande, a DC-based professional plus model and US Army veteran who will be launching a “tips and tricks” video series, guiding aspiring plus-size models through the sometimes murky waters of the industry. Jennifer is also one of THREE Medeiros Fashion PR clients who will be strutting her curvy stuff down the District of Curves runway in April.
4. Babydoll Beauty Couture, the world’s FIRST plus-size beauty salon, that is celebrating their 1 year anniversary at their Las Vegas location on March 31, 2018.
5. Nekeeia Brooks, the second Medeiros Fashion PR client who will be walking in District of Curves. A professional plus model with four children based in Washington, DC, this amazing woman has achieved more in one year than most models do in 5! See what I mean here.
6. T-Tyme Lady Couture, “When you are too big to be Small but too small to be Big,” is an international retailer catering to that hard-to-fit woman who is between straight and plus size.
7. Tina Green is a professional plus model AND actress in Philadelphia who is skilled in catalog, lingerie, swimsuit and glamour work, as well as commercial and TV.
8. Maria Katrina Imperial Gumabao (AKA “Kat”) is an LA-based professional curve model, makeup artist, and social media influencer who was the very first Filipino model to walk in the Melbourne Plus Size Fashion Week (2016). She has also walked in NYC Fashion Week (2017) and Pulp Fashion Week Paris (2017).
9. Ashley Walker, a professional plus model based in Beaumont, TX, who is also the founder of MsBeYouDoYou blog and empowerment movement. Ashley will also be walking in District of Curves!
10. Monica Victorian, AKA “Mo Nichole” is a professional plus model AND author based in Houston, TX. See her modeling work and learn more about her books here.
11. Tragic Pleasure Clothing, the all size streetwear brand that expresses how pain, heartbreak, and healing all come together to make us stronger!
12. Constance Smith, one of the VERY few professional plus models in Boston, MA, who is an advocate for both body positivity and Lupus awareness.
13. Erica Mitchell, Celebrity Shoe Maven at Ask Erica M Celebrity Shoes, “Let your shoes tell your story.” Many styles are available up to a size 14 and clients can even custom make their very own shoes!