Public Relations Coordinator
We represent the brightest in indie beauty, home and lifestyle!
Allyson Conklin Public Relations (ACPR) is a seven-year-old Fort Collins, Colorado based boutique public relations agency specializing in beauty, home and lifestyle brands. We’re hustlers, polished communicators and forward thinkers who live and breathe creativity and strategy. We help indie brands get noticed by the likes of media including Vogue, MyDomaine, Refinery29, Apartment Therapy, Cosmopolitan, and Real Simple. We consider our relationships, with editors, clients and our own team, our most prized possessions. We’re conscientious, quick on our feet, detail-oriented and bring our A-game to whatever we’re working on. We’re a small but mighty team of multi-tasking self-starters that thrive in an ultra collaborative (#youcansitwithus), fast paced environment. We like to think we’re pretty lucky, as we love what we do (and do what we love), while representing the brightest in beauty, home and lifestyle.
We’re seeking a savvy professional to join our team as a Public Relations Coordinator. This position will report directly to the Founder & Principal, and will act as her right hang and trusted go-to. Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or another relevant area with a minimum of 2 years of post-graduate public relations experience, either at an agency or in-house. Ideal candidates will have a solid understanding of public relations (with an emphasis in media relations), a handful of media contacts (and a commitment to growing their editor relationships), proven track record of assisting in press hits, and a basic understanding of how to market beauty, home and lifestyle brands.
This is a full time, salaried position that includes benefits including: paid time off, paid company holidays, holiday bonus, 50% health, dental and vision insurance, mobile phone stipend, fitness stipend, annual enrichment trip and conference, and regular team building activities and employee meals.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Support Founder & Principal with day-to-day requests
· Achieve monthly objectives set by Founder & Principal
· Update and maintain all company lists: media tracking, press coverage, monthly pitches, monthly focuses, etc.
· Contribute to the ACPR blog
· Other writing projects as assigned
· Assist Founder & Principal with monthly status reports
· Assist in managing company interns
· Suggest and participate in activities to grow company exposure
· Identify new business opportunities
· Develop strong relationships with clients
· Act as backup to Public Relations Coordinator as point-of-contact for clients
· Attend in-person meetings with clients when appropriate
· Develop strong relationships with media
· Assist in the creation of PR plans
· Identify, pitch and follow up with media
· Create and distribute high impact and creative media email blasts
· Secure press hits: long lead, short lead, broadcast, awards, etc.
· Write press materials (fact sheets, bios, press releases, media alerts, pitch letters, etc.)
· Schedule media visits and appointments
· Fulfillment of client product mailings
· Identify other client exposure opportunities: sponsored posts, gifting, trade shows, events, etc.
· Attend in-person meetings with media when appropriate
Basic job requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or a related area
· 2+ years of post-graduate public relations experience, either at an agency or in-house setting
· Have existing media contacts, and a commitment to building a fat rolodex of contacts
· Demonstrate knowledge of how to land press hits, and maybe even have a few existing hits to share
· Be an excellent communicator—verbal, written and beyond—with a strong understanding of both the AP and creative writing styles
· Be a strategic thinker with endless amounts of creativity
· Be a self starter and multi-tasking master that’s highly organized, have the initiative to start and maintain projects, and be willing to go above and beyond the job description
· Be a pop culture junkie and know what’s hot in the press and to consumers
· Be passionate about the beauty, home and lifestyle categories
· Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, Cision, InDesign and WordPress
All qualified candidates should send their resumes and a short description explaining why they want to work at ACPR to: email@example.com. No phone calls, please.