Bridal & Eveningwear Publicist / Account Manager
Website CLD PR
Celebrity Services, Media Placements, Events, Brand Development
The short of it: CLD PR is seeking a Bridal + Eveningwear Account Manager / Publicist with 1.5 – 8+ years Agency experience. Events experience a plus.
ABOUT US —
Before we start – We’ll be looking to make this decision quickly, so don’t delay on sending your info if you think it’s an awesome fit!! : )
CLD PR, @CLDstyle on Instagram, is a top-tier full-service public relations agency, focusing most heavily on celebrity & media placement, digital influencers, brand development, events and social media. Our clients are currently fashion brands (some known around the world) and lifestyle brands.
We’re looking for a SUPERSTAR who thrives in a fast-based environment and adapts quickly and fearlessly to changing needs. There is growth potential in this job, and we have a vested interest in making this hiring decision long-term. : )
We are on a non-stop, ambitious and strategically-paced quest to continue growing this company into a fun, momentous, powerful place that makes waves in the fashion industry for decades to come.
** Note: We’re keeping a bit of an open mind as far as what we need for this position, so we’re honestly open to candidates who encompass all of the following levels: Account Manager, Account Executive, Sr. Acct Mgr, Sr. Acct Exec, Directorial Level, etc.
ABOUT YOU —-
Fashion PR Agency experience is a must! You are not only extremely RESULTS-DRIVEN in garnering media coverage, but also able to create strategic campaign programs which combine various traditional and social media outlets. You are organized to the point where you manage many moving parts simultaneously and effectively. Your media/editor and influencer connections are 100% thorough, seasoned and reliable (and optionally, it wouldn’t hurt at all if you had some celeb/mgr/publicist connections for those type of brand placements too). : )
Publicist/Account Executive for Fashion (and maybe lifestyle)
Summary of Responsibilities:
RETAINING CLIENTS HERE AT THE AGENCY AND MAKING THEM HAPPY!! : ) Bottom line, most important, period!!!
- Planning and executing publicity campaigns for our high-end designers (including leading client meetings to outline the short and long-term publicity plan).
- Leading the implementation of the overall press plans and media strategy for different brands, including developing story pitches and strategically positioning the brands in the media through effective messaging.
- Traditional media and social media included.
- Pitching and securing top celebrity placements and national & local media placements. This includes also securing print, television, and online media (press hits) after a celebrity wears one of our designers (We have a full-scale in-house celebrity placements and showroom team too, just FYI).
- Identifying and creating proactive media opportunities (always with timing and strategy at the forefront of your mind, as opposed to just random pitches).
- Cultivating and nurturing media, digital influencer, stylist and celebrity relationships, as well enhancing our existing relationships.
- PR Calendar: Maintaining accurate records of all upcoming editorial calendars, industry events, etc that will lead to potential opportunities for our clients to be placed (with intern assistance for research).
Rolling out new collections every season — Some of our designers roll out at NYFW/PFW/LFW, some at Miami Swim Week, some on a small scale, some just at the sales trade shows, some just keep producing new looks all year ’round…it really varies. But you have to garner new media for all new collections and keep abreast of what’s new and hot.
- Producing and maintaining contact lists: Managing interns who will research media, editor, stylist, publicists etc contact lists. Updating contact lists routinely for maximum effectiveness.
- Drafting press releases, media alerts and other press materials and managing the distribution of news through all outlets.
- Always promoting our clients’ celebrity placements, success and story; and effectively increasing sales reach and brand awareness for our brands.
- Drafting and editing collateral material and presentations that will support CLD execs and clients. We do have a digital communications manager in-house who can assist with materials or social media etc under your direction.
- Writing press materials (example: we gifted an A-list celebrity for her wedding last week, and inserted a letter in the package warmly promoting CLD and our brands).
- Assembling all logistics of events and projects which include coordinating and securing media and arranging travel and itineraries.
- Day-to-day client management and communication. Having a great relationship with them.
- Formally. Updating our existing clients every 2 weeks.
Manage pre and post event media when we produce and publicize events.
Social Media: This varies from client to client. Some have us do full-service hands-on management, some we just do a little bit, some none at all.
Some comparable agencies from which experience would likely be applicable here include: Bollare, Film Fashion, Starworks, Factory PR, The Shop PR, LaChambre, Much & House, Beach House PR, etc.
– Competitive Salary and all-around awesome job for the right person!!
Ridiculously extensive media contacts and personal relationships with top-tier editors!!
Critical thinker in collaborative environments, with the ability to creatively drum up big-impact/low-budget PR campaigns.
We need an amazing strategic thinker who can help us tell a story for our clients in new, creative ways.
Our office is always busy so it is important that we find someone who can work independently with little day to day supervision but who is still able to take direction. Your focus may be on a smaller task at hand, but your eyes are also always on the big-picture too.
You set deadlines and benchmarks for yourself, and you HIT them. You know how to prioritize tasks, and you know which tasks are ok to pass off to assistants or interns and which should always stay within your capable control.
You KNOW how to build lasting relationships with our clients.
Proven ability to act quickly and efficiently manage teams of interns as well as multiple projects at one time.
Strong communications and interpersonal skills including: EXCELLENT WRITING SKILLS, speaking, telephone and public relations.
You can write both critically (press releases and media alerts) and editorially (social media, pitches etc). Example, you can out-write an Elle columnist as far as stirring up an EXCITING blurb on one of our brands. For social media you can write catchy one-liners that turn heads.
Knowledge of the fashion industry’s major players.
Experience and knowledge with all of the fashion industry’s major events, styles, trends.
Knowledge of pop-culture and the impact that all movers and shakers can have on each brand.
Amazing sales tactics in which you strive to receive a positive end result.
Fail-proof follow-up skills.
2-10+ years experience, including PR agency experience!!
4-year (preferably) degree in public relations, communications, journalism, or marketing (flexible on focus).
Online media/ Web 2.0 background a must.
Cision, Vocus and other major distribution applications a plus.
Proficiency on computers and with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Entourage, PowerPoint etc).
Knowledge of PR clipping tracking programs (FashionGPS, Google Alerts, VMS, Burrelles Luce, Vocus, etc).
When you read magazines, blogs, trade publications etc, you read them from a publicist’s opportunistic viewpoint, not just from a passive reader viewpoint.
Positive, can-do attitude. Ambitious, yet down-to-earth enough to help with anything. RESOURCEFUL and hungry – you WILL get the result you need no matter what.
Smart, fearless, energetic, strong work ethic, and a leader.
Ready to serve clients that may range from emerging to world-wide corporate.
Our ideal publicist may also have some background in graphic design. We always need you to find the most effective ways to get messages across in print and electronic media using not only words; but color, type, illustration, and photography. Graphic design is certainly not a requirement per say, however your ability to develop the overall layout and production design of newsletters, brochures, promotional materials, fliers and forms will fast track your resume to an interview. (Please attach samples of your design work).
We can’t wait to hear from you. : ) We have a really ambitious yet super fun environment here, and we’re honestly all really excited about adding some killer talent to the family!!
Please submit your resume and a cover letter than relates to THIS position to Michelle at the email address herein. Again, we will be looking to hire asap.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $38,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
Fashion PR Agency: 2 years