Account Executive & Senior Account Executive
Hawkins International is hiring a dynamic, smart, savvy public relations professionals who has the passion for the industry & big ideas. Headquartered in Chelsea in New York City, our growing boutique PR agency boasts world-class global travel accounts and is now looking for the next rising stars for BOTH our New York and Los Angeles teams.
Our boutique PR agency, located in the Chelsea section of Manhattan, boasts world-class global travel accounts is growing and seeking seasoned talent. Our team members get to embark on over-the-top adventures such as hiking through the mountains of Peru, skiing the French Alps, sailing through Alaska and soaking up the sun in St. Barths. An emphasis on media relations, luxury lifestyle and social media a must. To apply for this immediate opening send resume and compelling cover letter that lets us know why you should join our fun-loving, hard-working team. Candidates must have a three to four years of full-time’ PR agency experience working on strategic consumer-facing accounts (travel/luxury lifestyle PR account experience a must).
We offer a competitive salary/benefit package, including 401(k), medical, dental, vision insurance, gym membership.
Senior Account Executives (SAEs) and Account Executives (AE) work on some of our highest-profile luxury travel and lifestyle accounts. With a strong foundation in public relations, they will have PR experience in a fast paced environment, excellent media relations skills, a strategic, big picture approach to telling a client’s story, the maturity to be included in client meetings, and a demonstrated understanding of the luxury/travel marketplace.
• Spearhead integrated media relations strategies, goals, media and influencer targets and pitch angles ensuring annual PR objectives are reached/surpassed
• Provide strategic counsel to clients as an authority to PR related matters, corresponding as the day-to-day contact (for press visits, requests, queries, thought leadership opportunities, etc.) and leading regular conference calls
• Stay on top of the changing industry landscape and trends to develop forward-thinking approaches focused on both traditional and new media opportunities (print, digital, video, social media, etc.)
• Cultivate relationships with senior level national, regional and local media, as well as freelancers and influencers
• Serve as editor and help set direction on development of releases, customer profiles, bylined articles, and other press materials
• Lead and oversee agency pitch teams and serve as counsel for further development of pitch strategies and approaches
• Anticipate and proactively offer solutions to senior team leadership for executional issues specific to assigned programs
• Develop and manage timelines and weekly actions plans to ensure all deadlines on client programs are met
• Persuasively pitch media and influencers, and adjust angles as required
• Manage and execute client reports
• Support the agency with new business RFPs and proposals
• Manage and oversee junior staff by delegating responsibilities, encouraging development and providing education
At least 3 to 4 years of current PR agency experience with related accounts a must (travel, luxury, lifestyle sectors)
Travel is required and so is a passion for excellence. Come prepared to demonstrate your role in implementing successful and innovative PR campaigns – traditional and social media – for luxury travel and lifestyle clients.
If you have a passion for developing creative ways to tell your clients’ stories and are excited by the opportunity to work with luxury travel and lifestyle accounts, please apply now for this immediate opening