Account Executive, Beauty PR
Website Karla Otto
This position is a mid-level management role within the growing beauty division of leading international public relations firm, Karla Otto. The account manager, Beauty will work in partnership with the US Account Director and Senior Vice President, International Beauty and clients in the US market to deliver strategies, programs and initiatives that support client’s overall business objectives. An individual in this role will possess a minimum of 4 years’ experience in beauty public relations, substantive industry knowledge, strong mid- level relationships with beauty media (consumer and digital) and the ability to work with senior brand leadership across multiple beauty categories (i.e., haircare, skincare, color cosmetics, fragrance.) Ability to multi-task, strategic thinking, highly developed written and verbal skills and a passion for the beauty industry are also critical success factors in this role.
The ideal candidate will have a very positive, pro-active and problem-solving nature. They will also be eager to learn from their Director and a highly experienced Global SVP. A true team player this individual will be collaborative and eager to share ideas and information with all Karla Otto offices and teams.
· Under the guidance of the Director and Senior Vice President, execute compelling PR programs that drive brand awareness and purchase behavior.
· In partnership with Karla Otto events team contribute to development and execution of events, interface with outside vendors and ensure events deliver on key client objectives.
· Maintain ongoing, mid-level contact with key beauty editors at major long and short-lead publications, websites, blogs, etc.
· Develop pitch calendar and regularly pitch relevant story ideas that support client brand strategy.
· Direct efforts of assistants and interns and assist in training new team members at the assistant and coordinator level.
· Draft PR materials for the Director’s review and obtain client sign-off as appropriate.
· Contribute to the production and approvals of videos, photography, digital press kits, and other PR tools necessary to communicate brand image and product information.
· Engage in outreach to television press.
· Prepare agendas and media updates for client calls.
· Track expenses and assist in managing budgets and ensure timely accounting and payment of client invoices.
· Ensure proper management of sample inventory including product ordering and replenishment.
· Must have an understanding of and passion for the beauty industry, interest in fashion trends and pop culture
· Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) and minimum of 4 years in beauty
· Social media savvy and actively engaged in multiple social media platforms (Snapchat, Instagram, etc.)
· Strong communications skills (written and verbal) and interest in continued growth in this area
· Highly organized with ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet multiple deadlines simultaneously
· Commitment to excellence in all aspects of the role – visual presentation, brand knowledge, relationships with media and clients, mentoring.