Executive Assistant to the President
A boutique firm specializing in luxury marketing
Job Description: Executive Assistant to the President
Boutique firm specializing in luxury marketing and business development
Executive Assistant Job Duties
Manage schedules for the President
• Ensure that all travel details and logistics are managed properly
• Liaise with staff members to schedule meetings and preparing materials
• Perform clerical tasks such as answering telephone calls and filing records
• Research information and draft letters and documents
• Greet guests and visitors and provide preliminary information
• Collect and analyze data to create meaningful reports
• Assist executive in preparing and delivering presentations
• Take staff meetings on behalf of the executive
• Provide personal assistant services to executive
• Manage photocopying and printing activities
• Prepare meeting and seminar agendas
• Follow up on contacts and new business ideas
• Provide regular updates on market trends
• Assist in developing and maintaining structures for corporate communication
• Monitor tasks delegated by President and ensure that all projects come to fruition
• Ensure that inventory of office supplies is maintained efficiently
• Anticipate needed supplies and evaluate newly purchased office equipment
• Verify receipts of supplies and ensure that all payments are made in a timely manner
• Undertake supervision and appraisal activities
• Filter incoming mail
• Perform backup activities to secure information
• Record minutes of the meeting
Administrative Assistants should demonstrate competence in some or all of the following:
Behave Ethically: Understand ethical behavior and business practices and ensure own behavior and the behavior of others are consistent with these standards and align with the values of the organization.
Build Relationships: Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization.
Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
Focus on Client Needs: Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external clients to meet or exceed their expectations within the organizational parameters.
Foster Teamwork: Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness.
Make Decisions: Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
Organization: Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details/data/information/activities.
Plan: Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results.
Solve Problems: Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem.
Polished and professional appearance
1-3 years experience in an office setting
High School Diploma
Post secondary education in business, computers, or office management is an asset
Knowledge, skills and abilities
Proficiency in the use of computer programs for:
Time management tools
Proficiency in the use of office equipment:
Voice messaging systems