Looking for the inside scoop on what you need to launch your career in fashion or lifestyle PR? Ta-da!
Fashion and lifestyle PR offer a dynamic, evolving, creative profession with tons of potential for growth. You know this! However, breaking in requires tenacity, impeccable communication skills, and a bit of help to land on the inside track.
Welcome to PR Couture. Your Virtual PR Mentor.
We’re here to be your one-stop destination to learn everything you need to know to start an incredible career in fashion PR. In fact, we wrote the book on it. Visit PR Couture for career guidance as well as inspiring interviews with successful fashion PR and marketing professionals and editors.
With nearly ten years of content, there’s a lot here! So we’ve hand-picked those items we think are most deserving of your attention, right now as you’re starting out!
1. Get on the list
If you haven’t already, sign up for The PR Couture Weekly. Delivered to your inbox every Friday, the Weekly will keep you up to date on everything published each week, as well as special offers and promotions just for insiders.
2. Required Reading
Okay, nothing is really required of course, but here are 7 articles we think are worth a look.
- The 5 Skills You Need to Land Your Dream PR Job (& How to Get Them)
- 3 Ways to Get Ahead in the PR World (Before You Graduate)
- Start Your PR Career by Following These 4 Easy Steps to Success
- How Volunteering Helped Me Build My Social Media Career + 5 Tips for You
- How to Choose Between In-House vs Agency Fashion PR
- 10 Ways to Wreck Your First PR Job (& How to Check Yourself First)
- 5 Productive Things to do Right Now to Get Promoted at Your PR Job
If you’re interested in going a bit further than simply reading a few articles, might we suggest:
- PRISM: Our virtual course is a multi-faceted approach to career planning, PR skills and community. Join the wait list,
- SHOP: Check out the PR Couture shop, filled with essential goodies for any fashion publicist, like our best-selling PR Girl Tee and greeting cards, as well as Getting IN, a fun ebook filled with career path Q&As with successful publicists.
Are you a current fashion PR intern or in your first entry-level position?
We’d love to share your story on PR Couture as part of our Getting IN series. Get approval from your hiring manager and then fill out our form to apply to be featured!