It’s November and that means all of our favorite #PRgirls are #buried in holiday pitching and gift guide mania. You’re busy. Perhaps even so busy that you forgot to plan out your agency’s November IG content or craft offbeat pitches for clients- we get it. Here are 10 different pitch angles and social media content ideas to keep you busy all month long. From No-Shave November to World “Hello” Day, and everything in between- we’ve got you covered.
1.No-Shave November- The phenomenon of “No-Shave November” gets a ton of media coverage in the fall months. This is a great opportunity for skincare/haircare products to join in on the fun and position themselves as hero products that are perfect for taming lengthy locks.
2.Weddings- They don’t just call it “cuddle season” for no reason. The holidays are an especially romantic time when many couples decide to take the plunge and get hitched. Get ahead of the competition and start pitching wedding party gift ideas, jewelry recommendations and bridal trends now to secure the first spots on those wedding Pinterest boards.
3. America Recycles Day (November 15)- Calling all sustainable and eco-friendly fashion brands! Highlight your brand’s purpose and pitch them as the best alternative to fast-fashion companies.
4. World Hello Day (November 21)- Say “hello” to your agency/brand followers with a cheeky social post or email blast and let you know you’re thinking of them. This is a great time for brands and influencers especially to acknowledge and show gratitude toward their online communities.
5. Small Business Saturday (November 24)- It’s easy for small brands (and the publicists that love them) to feel discouraged by the department store-dominated Black Friday and Cyber Monday coverage. Shine a spotlight on small brands and the amazing people/stories behind them this month (and if they can manage to run a small sale or event for the day- pitch that too!).
6. #GiveThanks- For that amazing team of yours! Thanksgiving is the perfect excuse to share a cute company group photo, host a potluck to boost company culture or give a shout out on social to promote a client or two.
7. Friendsgiving- This fun spin on the traditional holiday lends itself to pitches ranging from gift guides for the perfect hostess to the best brands to wear while trying to look cute in your stretchy, stuffing-friendly pants.
8. Giving Tuesday (November 27)- Give to your clients and the community by suggesting that they host a charity drive for the philanthropic holiday. Charity drives, special events or charitable donations are a great way for brands to give back and are great opportunities for social content.
9. Chill out- It’s no secret that the holidays can be an extremely stressful time. Considering holiday shopping, event planning, freezing temps and family-time, it’s a miracle any of us make it through to the new year. Pitch your brands as a way for people to get a little self-care or de-stress during the holiday season.
10. Travel Hacks– Airport-friendly wardrobe staples, versatile outfits and skin-saving (TSA approved) beauty products are an easy pitch to outlets running holiday travel guides, or gift guides for your favorite frequent flyer.