Name: Suki Mulberg Altamirano
Title: Founder and Principal
Agency: Lexington Public Relations
Location: nyc/ Nashville
Find us online: @lexingtonpr
5 Things About Lexington PR
- Our Mission: Lexington Public Relations is a New York City and Nashville-based boutique firm that produces creative public relations and marketing campaigns to drive awareness, engage customers and build equity. Our capabilities range from media relations to content marketing, event planning, social and digital media, media training & public speaking, strategic partnerships and corporate messaging. We love helping launch new companies, re-invent existing brands and maintain long-term publicity campaigns for established businesses.
2. Get to know a few of our clients: Our client experience ranges across multiple industries, including retail, beauty and fashion, home decor, food, education, health and more. A few of the brands we’ve had the pleasure to work with include fashion brand Pink Lily, French culinary brand Magimix by Robot-Coupe, rug designer Aelfie and specialty food brand Droga Chocolates!
3. Agency Superpower: Integrity, honesty, dedication and expertise are the four greatest factors that have contributed to our success!
4. Recent Agency Win: This month marks our eighth year in business!
5. Currently Looking for: We are currently looking for a Spring intern to join our team in New York! Email us for details. We are also working in collaboration with our friends at Mariposa Communications on launching a new product line of easy-to-use guidelines, workbooks and customizable templates designed to help small businesses and startups achieve DIY PR success. It’s called PressReady and you can check it out here!
5 things about suki
Q: Rise and shine: what are the first three things you do after waking up in the morning?
1. I set my alarm for earlier than necessary so I have some calm time to drink two cups of coffee!
2. I scan the latest news headlines for the day, take a look at my schedule and think about what I want to achieve that day.
3. I get my 2-year old son up and ready for the day.
Q: Sip and savor: what's your go-to drink to fuel your busy day?
I love a basic glass of drip coffee (Peet’s is my favorite!) with whole milk.
Q: #Obsessed: What's something you recently discovered that you can’t live without?
@TheKitchn’s drool worthy Instagram feed, which provides me with never ending inspiration for recipes and my slow cooker! It’s often the only way I’m able to make decent home-cooked meals to eat during the week. Also, my Daily Greatness Business Planner keeps me organized and helps me plan out my weeks in a way that I feel more efficient and less stressed out!
Q: Fill in the blank: You know you work in PR when...
Most people don’t really understand what you do on a daily basis!
Q: My Two Cents: What piece of advice do you love to share?
Get as much experience as you can through internships and don’t be shy about networking. Be open to new opportunities and remember that it’s frequently not the person you thought that might just end up connecting you with your next job (so don’t close any doors).
Stay positive, keep learning, be persistent and great things will come.
What are 5 things on your radar?
1. This interview in Wired is a great look at what “digital” really means, defining luxury today and how brands are elevating the role of technology. “I think that “digital” is a bit of a nonsense word. I haven’t met anybody who can explain to me, really, what it means,” Ian Rogers, the first ever chief digital officer of the LVMH group.
2. The role of crisis PR can quickly go awry as seen in the case of Facebook this month.
3.While millennials may still be leading the charge for tech innovation in retail, a new study shows that more than 57% of them still love to shop at brick-and-mortar shops.
4. I was recently introduced to Planoly, a visual planner for Instagram and can’t wait to try it out.
5.Glamour is the latest magazine to announce they’ll be folding their monthly print publication and going entirely digital.