Name: Allyson conklin
Title: Founder + Principal
Agency: Allyson Conklin Public Relations
Location: Fort Collins, Colorado
Find us online: @HelloACPR
5 Things About Allyson Conklin public relations
1.Our Mission: Allyson Conklin Public Relations is a boutique public relations agency for beauty, home, and lifestyle brands. Headquartered in Fort Collins, Colorado, we have helped brands of all sizes gain awareness with editors, influencers, and consumers, resulting in exposure through media placements that matter since 2010.
2. Get to know a few of our clients: We work with beauty brands including Apothecary Co., Formulary 55 and WildBloom Skincare, interior design studios like Black Lacquer Design and Studio Ten 25, and Table + Teaspoon, Blue Sky, and Day Designer in the home and lifestyle spaces.
3. Agency Superpower: We give brands of all sizes a completely turnkey, personalized experience. There’s no one-size-fits-all approach here. From the little guys who are just emerging to the legacy corporations, we think all brands deserve to tell their story. And we want to be the agency that does it for them.
4. Recent Agency Win: Launching Eat Sleep Pitch Repeat , a line of PR girl necessities! It was years in the making, and my incredible team worked their asses off to bring my vision to life.
5. Currently Working On: Annual client recaps, 1st quarter planning, on-boarding new clients, and prepping for a big collaborative beauty deskside trip in January. We’re also hiring for a Junior Publicist!
5 things about Allyson
Q: Rise and shine: what are the first three things you do after waking up in the morning?
1. Tell myself it’s going to be a good day. This is key lately, as I’ve had a recent bout of insomnia, so mindset is everything.
2. Have a cup of coffee (black with heavy cream) with my husband.
3. Check my calendar to see what’s in store for the day.
Q: Sip and savor: what's your go-to drink to fuel your busy day?
Currently it’s an almond milk latte with a splash of eggnog! You’d be shocked at how many coffee shops don’t have eggnog, though. And plenty of water.
Q: #Obsessed: What's something you recently discovered that you can’t live without?
Q: Fill in the blank: You know you work in PR when...
You prefer that your spouse speaks to you in soundbites. #sorrymichael
Q: My Two Cents: What piece of advice do you love to share?
Get comfortable with feedback. Seek it out, accept it gracefully, and learn from it. Feedback is the skeleton key to growth. The first step is recognizing that it’s not personal.
What are 5 things on your radar?
1. The changing media landscape has made working in PR one hell of a ride. And it’s not over yet.
2. Oprah’s Favorite Things 2018. Because, Oprah.
3. This Girlboss article on mindset. Spoiler alert, I’m naturally a pessimist. And working in an industry where rejection is the norm makes it even more important to have a positive outlook.
4. A keen strategy from PR Daily for pitching in December.
5. This Inc article, because burnout is real and balance is everything.