This course is currently closed
The chief operating officer is lit up by systems, processes, and organizations. This is a skill-set that comes to some naturally, but can also be built over time with a fair amount of kicking and screaming (raises hand!). Finding the best way to optimize productivity and profitability — so you can actually enjoy this amazing creation of yours — starts by tending to business infrastructure. This means overseeing the day-to-day administrative and operational functions.
When you put on your COO hat, you’re considering:
- Better ways to do things/stop reinventing the wheel
- Procedures like client onboarding and offboarding
- Process improvements and efficiencies
- Documenting processes with SOPs (standard operating procedure), checklists and training
- Evaluating new software to improve overall operations, team and client experience