Account Executive, Public Relations (Beauty & Lifestyle)
brandsway Brandsway Creative
A Branding, Marketing & Public Relations Group
Brandsway Creative PR & Social Media firm seeks an experienced and well-connected Account Executive candidate who has worked a minimum 3 years in beauty & lifestyle product PR. The successful candidate is someone who wishes to grow and excel in the field of Public Relations, who possesses an ambitious work ethic and is a team player.
Account Executive in the Beauty Department at Brandsway Creative will serve as the day-to-day lead and key client contact on specified accounts. This position reports to the CEO of Brandsway Creative.
The ideal candidate possesses a passion for all things beauty with solid experience in the PR industry and in the beauty lifestyle sector.
We are looking for someone who is creative and independent and can draw on past communications strategy to develop NEW creative ideas and has the relationships with beauty media to build on.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Serve as day to day lead and manage selected accounts & their coordinating PR Campaigns
- Write press releases, fact sheets, media alerts
- Create targeted pitches to researched media outlets that are smart, fresh and buzz-worthy
- Distribute press releases and follow up with key reporters
- Schedule press meetings and interviews for clients
- Accompany clients on interviews and red carpet events
- Monitor editorial calendars and identify opportunities for clients
- Create client plans, proposals and time lines
- Develop CREATIVE story ideas and pitches for targeted media
- Ability to place product and news stories in short-lead, regional and long-lead outlets, and/or as directed by supervisors
- Understands and contributes to media strategy documents
- Aggressively pursues new media angles and story opportunities
- Actively networks with media to enhance relationships
- Actively networks with PR, Talent Managers/ Agents, and bookers
- Stay on top of trends, and media stories
- Bring branding & collaboration opportunities to the table
- Participate as required in new business pitch submissions and meetings
- Maintain updated case studies on selected accounts for use in new business pitches
- Update targeted press lists for existing clients
Required Experience & Relationships
- Minimum three years in beauty (cosmetics, skincare, fragrance, and/or hair care)
- Hands-on experience writing clear, interesting, effective press releases, media alerts, press pitches, and other materials
- Strong and current understanding of social media platforms and an ability to increase brand awareness and generate press through this landscape
- Established relationships with long lead, short lead and online editors in beauty and lifestyle sectors
- Established relationships with beauty, lifestyle and fashion influencers
Required Skills & Attributes
- Passion for Public Relations and the Beauty industry
- Skilled and comfortable presenting to clients in both formal and informal settings
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to think both strategically and creatively
- Strong project management and follow through skills
- Ability to work well and remain both calm and solution-oriented under pressure, i.e. multiple deadlines and tight turnaround schedules
- Ability to manage and develop junior team members with a dual focus on guiding their work and encouraging their professional growth & maturity
- Comfortable working both independently and collaboratively
- Organized and attentive to detail
- Timely with communication and follow up
- Skilled at time management and prioritization
ABOUT BRANDSWAY CREATIVE
Brandsway Creative is a boutique life-style public relations and social media agency specializing in everything that maters in our ever-changing world of pop-culture.
Our departments include Talent (Celebrity) Health & Beauty, Hospitality, Events and Social Media Management
With offices located in New York and Los Angeles, we offer a 360 approach in brand recognition through press, events, celebrity & influencer seeding, strategic partnerships, and new media to effectively build a brands presence.
Brandsway Creative is a boutique agency that works together as a team to offer comprehensive support to develop ideas and drive them through to execution. We take a hands-on interaction with our clients on PR campaigns and ongoing media relations programs.
Perks: Because all work and no play makes a dull office, we fill our days with snacks, surprises, and office perks. As a team member at Brandsway Creative you can also look forward to some of the below perks:
- Excitement and growth!
- Health Care & 401k
- Complimentary – 40% off hair services at a top Beauty Salon
- Summer Fridays – Office closes at 3pm Memorial day – Labor Day
- Brandsway Bonding Activities
- Company outings (comedy clubs, happy hours, sail boating, trips to the Hamptons and other cool NYC activities)
- Monthly in office lunches
- Guest Speakers
- Occasional – In office wellness and beauty services