Roman Vail for Plus Model Magazine
1. PLUS MODEL MAGAZINEOverview: Plus Model Magazine “inspires the style-savvy, fashion-forward, full-figured woman to embrace her curves.” Created in 2006, PMM has an Instagram following of almost 600K and regularly also features Big & Tall men and “ageless beauties”, proving that age, like size, is no barrier to fabulousness. What to pitch: PMM keeps their readers in the loop about deals like Mother’s Day sales, new collections from brands such as Eloquii and Lane Bryant, as well as emerging trends and interviews with top plus professionals. Send pitches here.
2. QUEEN SIZE MAGAZINEOverview: Founded in 2011 by Tawana Blassingame and Philip Drew, QSM is a monthly print and digital publication that gives a platform for both established and up & coming professionals, and often features articles about the health and social issues related to the plus size industry. What to pitch: Stories about plus size events, health and social issues such as weight loss surgery and body-shaming, and beauty products may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. MAHOGANY CURVES MAGAZINEOverview: Founded in 2013 by model Wendy Copeland, Mahogany Curves Magazine inspires curvy women to embrace their whole selves, with uplifting features on self-love, dating and wellness, along with fashion and beauty. What to pitch: Fashion tips for different shapes and plus challenges, great shopping spots such as new store openings and empowerment stories may be sent to email@example.com.
4. STRUTTER MAGAZINEOverview: Known as the “Plus Size News You Can Use,” Strutter features articles on topics such as plus size representation in the media, brands that cater to all sizes, and controversial issues of the day. While not updated weekly, this is still a great place to go for a client mention and link. What to pitch: Plus size industry news, events, and social empowerment stories are encouraged. While no stories about diets, get-thin-quick schemes, or juice cleanses are allowed, pitches about people in the fitness industry who promote health and wellness for all may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Plus Size Personal Style Blogs
CeCe Olisa, Lifestyle Blogger
5. THE CURVY FASHIONISTAOverview: Created by Marie Denee in 2008, The Curvy Fashionista‘s influence truly knows no bounds. Atlanta-based Marie even hosts TCF Style Expo every August, a body-positive fashion convention that brings attendees face to face with both independent and mainstream fashion brands, as well as each other, to celebrate themselves for who they are, not what society says they should be. What to pitch: Pitches for the new section, “Curvy Boss” should highlight plus women in business, as well as plus suiting and other wear to work outfits.S tories about body positivity, emerging brands, bloggers, plus size events, etc, should be sent to email@example.com.
6. CECE OLISAOverview: CeCe Olisa is a Lifestyle Blogger and Co-Founder of theCURVYcon, a convention celebrating body positivity and plus size fashion during New York Fashion Week. CeCe also creates immensely popular plus size workout videos on her YouTube channel and has collaborated with top plus brands such as LOFT, Lane Bryant, Always, and Forever21. What to pitch: Ideas for outside-the-box brand collaborations, plus size workout videos, creative consulting or speaking invitations can be sent here.
Gabi Fresh, personal style blogger
7. GABI FRESHOverview: Launched in 2008 by Gabi Gregg, Gabi Fresh is a personal style blog with fashion advice, inspirational and risk-taking outfits, encouraging women to break every fashion “rule” if it means finding their own unique style. Gabi Fresh has been featured in Glamour, Teen Vogue, InStyle, The New York Times, Seventeen, Time Out New York and Cosmopolitan and contributes to media outlets such as Vogue.it, Refinery29, Glamour.com, and Essence.com. What to pitch: Gifted products from brands that are unexpected and outside the norm and ideas for paid short- or long-term collaborations may be sent to Gabi’s manager firstname.lastname@example.org.
Benjamin Pete for Garner Style
8. GARNER STYLEOverview: Author of “The Curvy Girl’s Guide To Style”, Chastity Garner Valentine’s personal blog Garner Style has been seen on Oprah.com, and in the New York Times and Elle Magazine, and centers around Chastity’s life, clothes, marriage, and travels. As Cece Olisa’s partner in crime, she co-founded theCURVYcon and has helped nurture it from a single day workshop to a major draw for New York Fashion Week. Chastity is even a published vailable at Barnes & Noble, Amazon UK, Kindle UK, Kindle, and Amazon. What to pitch: Pitches on fearless fashions, beauty products, and self-love topics may be sent to email@example.com. New publications and blogs catering to the plus market are launching all the time. As a bonus blog and shameless client plug, check out Fashion Foragers, created by mother/daughter duo, Leslee and Mackenzie Barnes, both successful plus size models who are bridging the generation gap by joining their fashion forces. What to pitch: Gifted products and story ideas may be sent to me firstname.lastname@example.org Good luck and happy pitching!
Grab your free email Pitch Template
Start crafting your best pitches yet. Learn our signature 3-part process for reply-worthy communication.