At the end of each month we invite a member of our PR Couture Council to curate a selection of industry news, tools and other fun stuff capturing their interest at the current moment. Enjoy!
Name: Janna Meyrowitz Turner
Title: Founder and President
Agency: Style House
Location: New York City
Find us online: @stylehouseco
5 Things About Style House
- Our Mission: We know all problems (business and life) can be solved through effective communication and positioning. We have a responsibility, as women, to market responsibly to women. We believe in kindness, connection and progress (kind people are our kind of people).
- Get to know a few of our clients: Taryn Rose, Werk, Lilly & Lime, Nuria
- Agency Superpower: We’re nimble, scrappy and holistic (in that we treat the whole business).
- Recent Agency Win: Turning 12 in November 2018!
- Currently Working On: Currently working on a new beauty launch from industry veterans with combined 70 yrs of CPG experience.
5 things about Janna
Q: Rise and shine: what are the first three things you do after waking up in the morning?
1. Prepare breakfast for my 4-year-old son who just woke me up, and hot water with lemon for myself,
2. A 10-minute meditation on the Calm app
3. Enjoy my Daily Harvest cup I prepped the night before
Q: Sip and savor: what's your go-to drink to fuel your busy day?
Kombucha, I’m pretty loyal to GTs.
Q: #Obsessed: What's something you recently discovered that you can’t live without?
Q: Fill in the blank: You know you work in PR when...
You can’t believe a restaurant’s social media handle isn’t on their menu.
Q: My Two Cents: What piece of advice do you love to share?
Everything you do or say is part of your personal brand that you’ll carry throughout your life. Find power and strength in being nice (and read Fran Hauser’s Myth Of The Nice Girl!).
What are 5 things on your radar?
- One of my goals for 2018 is to become more financially literate when it comes to everything from investments to my personal P+L. My friend Kristin O’Keeffe Merrick is helping me with this, and she spoke to Girlboss about “Investment Words You (Maybe) Don’t Know But Absolutely Should” PS you’ll definitely want to know about Magic Math!
- We’re used to seeing end-of-the-year “best of” lists, but in a sign that 2018 will truly be a watershed year for women, TechCrunch decided to start celebrating women founders and VCs a bit early.
- In a crucial call to arms for business leaders in 2018, Rent the Runway’s Jenn Hyman talks about the company’s decision to provide equal benefits to all employees and says it’s imperative that Wall Street build a “morality index” In her words, “just because something is an established business practice, it doesn’t mean it’s right.”
- Another way our jobs as publicists are getting more complicated, there’s a new type of “fake” influencer out there in the form of a robot.
- I love 5calls.org for making my daily calls. They give you numbers, issue-specific scripts, the whole she-bang…