At the end of each month we invite a member of our PR Couture Council to curate a selection of industry news, tools and other fun stuff capturing their interest at the current moment. Enjoy!
Name: Liz anthony
Title: President & Founder
Agency: Mariposa communications
Location: New York, NY
Find us online: @mariposacomm
5 Things About Mariposa Communications
- About us: Liz got her start in the corporate public relations department at Coach, where she oversaw regional press and events. In time, Liz segued into the fast-paced agency world, moving to a boutique firm specializing in fashion accessories working with rapidly growing lifestyle brands like Rebecca Minkoff. In early 2009, she founded her boutique PR firm, Mariposa Communications, to provide custom services to a selection of talented fashion accessory designers, whether already established or on the rise. Liz currently lives in Brooklyn with her husband, two daughters and their dog Mackie.
2. Get to know a few of our clients: Mariposa’s focus for nearly a decade has been on a select handful of primarily female founded, ethically operated, sustainably sourced, independent fashion accessory brands with charitable components. Our clients include: Cerimani, Galpon.co, Rosena Sammi Jewelry, The 9th Muse & Tribe + Glory.
Agency Superpower: Mariposa Communications is a truly boutique fashion public relations and marketing agency located in Soho. Since 2009, we have strategically grown our business by providing exceptional services to a distinctive set of fashion accessory brands with an approach we truly believe in. Our superpowers include: multitasking, making great things happen, making the lives of media and our clients’ easier and bringing personalization and positivity into everything we do.
Recent Agency Win: Competing and winning business against bigger PR firms.
Currently Looking for: We’re always looking for new clients and trusted partners to collaborate with on projects with the view to form long-lasting, mutually-beneficial working relationships.
5 things about Liz
Q: Rise and shine: what are the first three things you do after waking up in the morning?
- Drink water!
- Give my family big hugs and let my dog out
- Check my phone to review my schedule for the day and star any new emails or to dos that just came in.
Q: Sip and savor: what's your go-to drink to fuel your busy day?
Most days are fueled by green tea and lots of water to stay hydrated but our office space offers nitro cold brew on tap – which often acts as my post lunch pick-me-up!
Q: #Obsessed: What's something you recently discovered that you can’t live without?
Q: Fill in the blank: You know you work in PR when...
You have a penchant for friendly follow ups in everything you do!
Q: My Two Cents: What piece of advice do you love to share?
Treat every interview, internship, volunteer position as a way to position your future, make a mark and start forming meaningful relationships. Even if you find out that it’s not the right fit for you, make the most of it and treat it with the utmost professionalism. The industry is small and your reputation is a competitive asset.
What are 5 things on your radar?
- Amy O’Dell’s piece in BOF on the future of media “Rebooting Magazines” – revolutionizing as opposed to redesigning
2. 7 Traits of Successful Female Leaders on LinkedIn
3.@Diet Prada feed on Instagram for a calorie free guilty pleasure.
4. The New York Time’s coverage of the Royal Wedding – “Royal Wedding Time” from May 23.
5. The juggle is real being an entrepreneurial mother, it truly takes a village. This Youtube video capturing the job description of a mother made me both laugh and cry.